Utah Mighty 5 from Las Vegas
7 Days 5 National Parks
Best Time of Year
March – Nov.
- Local Culture taught by Historians
- Tour Brigham Young House
- Capitol Reef Night Sky Drive
- Explore Cove of Caves
- Options to hike Angel’s Landing, Great White Throne, or the Narrows in Zion National Park
- Moab Jet Boat Sunset Ride
- Horse Drawn Wagon Ride
- Knowledgeable Tour Guide
- All Meals and Lodging Taxes, Fees, and Gratuity for Activities included (Voluntary Tour Guide Tips Excluded)
Cities & Landmarks
- Las Vegas
- St. George
- Arches National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Zion National Park
- Colorado River
- Mt Carmel Junction
New Way Horizon Travel can show you the Utah Mighty 5 just the way you would like to experience it. Enjoy personal access and information from opening to end. Learn about these sacred areas and explore the beauty within. Our guides are taught by local historians, archaeologists, and geologists. We understand the area, know the history, and can teach you the culture.
Welcome to Utah’s Mighty 5. Explore five amazing national parks: Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, and Zion. This 7-day guided tour in southern Utah will give you a chance to explore them all. Join a small group of no more than 12 guests on this week-long adventure with a private guide. Walking, scenic views, local restaurants, hidden gems, and other fantastic experiences are waiting for you! Travel in adventure and style that indeed reveals your destinations best!
Day 1: Zion National Park
We depart from your hotel at 8 am. We will meet you at the lobby for pickup that morning. The tour will be traveling North out of Las Vegas via I-15. After approximately 1 ½ hour, your tour will take a break in Mesquite, Nevada, so everyone can get out and stretch their legs for a bit. At about 10 am, your trip will resume. Going North on I-15, your tour will travel in an area called the Virgin River Gorge. This stretch of road is comprised of roughly sixteen bridges. Lunch is included today in St. George, Utah.
After lunch, you’ll visit the house of Brigham Young. He was a prophet for the LDS Church and the one who brought the Saints to Utah to settle escaping persecution. When the tour of Brigham Young’s home is finished, the journey will continue as we view the St. George Temple from the curb. We then head to the hotel where we are going to spend the night. The majestic cliffs of Zion National Park are going to be visible from town. After dinner, we will drive through the park and view the sunset. Once the evening is over, we will return to the hotel for the night.
Day 2: Zion Park
We will eat an early breakfast to get a jump start on a busy day in the park. There are so many wondrous things to see in Zion that we will try to spend as much time there as possible. The towering red & yellow cliffs of Zion National Park will be above us on both sides of the road as we enter. We will spend the day in the park, doing hikes and seeing the natural beauty all around. Your guide will meet you in the lobby, and then you embark on the journey of the park. Here, you’ll explore sites like the Great White Throne, Angel’s Landing, the Court of the Patriarchs, and the Narrows.
Day 3: Bryce Canyon
Breakfast is included at the hotel this morning. Departure will be 8 am. The view of the park from this point is breathtaking. Traveling towards Mt Carmel Junction allows for more astounding views. The morning break will be at Mt Carmel Junction. At about 10 am, the journey will continue towards Bryce Canyon National Park. We will stop at Ruby’s Lodge for lunch (included in the tour). Around 2 pm we’ll enter the park and view the red and yellow hoodoos, pinnacles, & spires. After we exit the park at about 4 pm, we’ll check into Ruby’s Lodge for the evening.
Take a horse-drawn wagon ride through the National Forest to the Rim of Bryce Canyon National Park. During the summer months, you will see the waterfalls of the famous Tropic Ditch. The spring and fall are great times to see the wildlife! This scenic ride is sure to take your breath away while creating memories that will last a lifetime! Enjoy an unforgettable evening of old-fashioned western fun, music, and great cowboy food in Bryce Canyon, UT.
Day 4: Grand Staircase Escalante Monument, Capitol Reef National Park
Today you will journey down Road 12. It is referred to as the All-American Road. Check out the picture vistas and the deep canyons against eerily tall hoodoo’s that are sculpted throughout the landscape. After arriving in Moab, Utah, we will help you check into the hotel. Then we start our evening of events by having dinner. Then we’re off to take a ride into the park in the dead of night to examine the millions of stars that you can only see in certain places within the world… one of those places is here.
Day 5: Arches National Park
Arches parkland provides a chance to explore several of the 2,000+ arches found inside its borders. Some have represented this park as unaltered, dreamlike, or from out this world. With a spread of geologic options together with fault lines, petrified dunes, arches, bridges, balanced rocks, spires, the list of prospects area unit endless in this landscape of changing formations, and many others. Today, we will visit Delicate Arch, Landscape Arch, and Double Arch Park Avenue, the Windows Section, Balanced Rock, Courthouse Wash, and alternative areas on the front side of the park. While traveling through the park, you will get the chance to explore the Cove of Caves, Garden of Eden, Petrified Dunes, Fiery chamber Viewpoint, Double O Arch and others.
Moab Jet Boat Sunset & Dinner Tour
This 1½ -hour jet boat trip begins at the docks on the Colorado River, just two miles north of downtown Moab. After the boat trips, you will return upstream to the dock patios where hot dinner is waiting! Cruise through the canyons of the Colorado River at the most magical time of day. Once you board the jetboat, you will be whisked away into a different world, filled with beautiful red rock cliffs canyon scenery. Your guide will explain local geology and history of the Canyonlands area. As the desert sun paints the canyon walls, reflects across the tranquil waters, and fills the evening sky, you’ll bask in the impressive views that accompany you around every bend. Top off the evening with a delicious Dutch oven dinner.
Day 6: Canyonlands National Park
You will visit Canyonlands National Park: Island in the Sky. You will witness a wilderness of countless canyons, buttes, mesas, and other geological features that were carved over millions of years by the Colorado and Green Rivers. You can hike along the rims of the canyon, visit one of the most photographed geological features in the park, Mesa Arch, and hike along the edge of the world out to Grandview Point, Murphy Point, or Upheaval Dome. Today, you’re treated to another scenic drive into Canyonlands National Park to see and experience the majestic Mesa Arch in the morning. This is the best time to photograph the rock formation. You will then enjoy the San Rafael Swell on the way to Capitol Reef National Park, where you’ll hike up to Hickman Bridge, enjoy Grand Wash, and look for Geodes and other activities within this little-visited park. Dinner and an enjoyable evening will be at one of the local hotels in this area. Once finished, you will go to Moab, UT for dinner and a pleasant evening before retiring at the hotel.
Day 7: Depart Moab To Las Vegas
We travel down to old Highway 89. As we go down this road, we will make a stop in Circleville Utah, home of Robert Leroy Parker. You know him as Butch Cassidy. We then head back to Las Vegas. Dinner in Las Vegas
Transport: Comfortable Transportation SUV or Vans
Possible hikes on this tour:
- Navajo Loop–Trail Type: Hiking, Length: 1.3 miles round trip Difficulty: Moderate
- Queens Garden Trail Type: Hiking Length: 1.8 miles round trip Difficulty: Moderate
- Mossy Cave Trail Type: Hiking Length: 1-mile round trip Difficulty: Easy
- Fairyland Loop Trail Type: Hiking Length: 8.3 miles round trip Difficulty: Strenuous
- Rim Trail Type: Hiking Length: 4.7 miles one-way Difficulty: Easy
- Peekaboo Loop Trail Type: Hiking Length: 5.5 miles round trip Difficulty: Strenuous
- Mesa Verde Top Loop Road
- Upheaval Dome: This out and back hike visits two overlooks along the rim of a puzzling three-mile-wide crater.0.6 – 1.7 miles
- Whale Rock: This out and back hike ascends a whale-shaped sandstone formation near Upheaval Dome.1 mile
- Aztec Butte: this lollipop loop hike climbs a dome-shaped butte that boasts Puebloan granaries and a beautiful view of Taylor Canyon.1.3 – 1.8 miles
- Mesa Arch This loop visits a picturesque arch spanning across the mesa’s edge.0.7 miles
- Murphy Point: This out and back hike visits a west-facing point on the Island in the Sky overlooking canyons carved by the Green River.3.6 miles
- White Rim Overlook: This out and back walk visits the end of a peninsula in the Island in the Sky with 300-degree views of the canyons below.1.8 miles
- Grand Viewpoint: This out and back hike travels along the mesa’s edge from Grand View Overlook to the southernmost point on the Island in the Sky.
- Distance: 0.4 miles/0.6 km Length of Time: 0.5 hours Difficulty: Easy Zion Shuttle Stop: Weeping Rock
- The Canyon Overlook Trail Distance: 1-mile Length of Time: 1-hour Difficulty: easy to moderate
- Zion Lodge Distance: 1.5 to 3 miles Length of time: 2 to 4 hours Difficulty: easy to moderate
Hiking is optional. Most of the parks can be viewed by a lookout.